Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sleep

The good news is that Miller slept from 7:00 last night until 7:40 this morning only waking up once to eat at 2:30! I hope that is going to become a pattern. Thank you, Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child for not being a bunch of malarky like another sleep book whose name I won't mention, but it begins with Baby and ends with Wise. I told ya'll I was going to have this kid sleeping before I went back to work!

The bad news is right now, she is supposed to be taking a nap, and she has been sleeping for five minutes, crying for a few seconds, sleeping for a few minutes, crying for a few minutes etc for about 45 minutes! And I think she just quacked, but she does that sometimes. What in the world? Every time I start to go get her she falls asleep again. What is that about?

Also, for those of you who are keeping track of just how advanced Miller is, you should know that she rolled over from her stomach to her back on Monday. Yep, she can do tricks now!

Here is some unrelated cuteness, just because my baby is cuter than yours.


Happy baby.



I don't know what this face is about.
I think she is trying to tell me that she thinks tummy time is stupid.


4 comments:

  1. URGH! So annoyed that I didn't send you a copy of Healthy Sleep Habits. It was (and still is) a lifesaver!

    Jas got the sleeping through the night thing down pretty quickly but sucked at naps for a looong time. For naps, I would just leave him in there unless/until he cried for more than 15 minutes straight, and he finally figured it out. I spent alot of time out in the garden outside where I couldn't hear him for those first few months :)

    YAY for only waking up once in the night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is the best picture! Also, I do not allow myself to read Confessions of a Pioneer Woman very often because Ree Drummond makes me feel extremely inadequate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is awesome! Budd just went through this two plus week no nap bit. It wasn't too fun. I called the the nap dance because every 10 minutes he was crying. He's gotten over it now and is a napping champ. Yeah for Miller sleeping through the night! Let's walk one more time before you have to go back to work. Text me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for sleep! I was a babywise mom, but I will have to check out this other book IF we ever have a #3. Glad you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete