Friday, October 15, 2010

It Wasn't The Dairy

Because inquiring minds want to know, I thought I should fill ya'll in on the dairy ban. It was NOT the dairy causing my baby to go nuts. I went off dairy for 2 weeks, then went back on it and nothing drastic really changed. I hate to admit this, but it probably was the c-word, because it has gotten 1,000 times better in the past few weeks. They say the c-word gets better at 12 weeks, and Millsy is only 9 weeks, but she is very advanced. I also read that c-word-y babies may be more intelligent than non-c-word-y babies. They might freak out because they are so interested in what is going on around them and want to take in everything in their environment....or something like that. Well, obviously she is more intelligent that your average baby, so that is more evidence that it WAS the c-word I guess. She still won't sleep at all between 4 or 5-ish and 9-ish, but she is only mildly whiny now and very rarely screams in my face. So that's good. We definitely get to see a lot more happy Miller now. In case you aren't familiar, this is her happy face. Is it too early to start waxing her eyebrows, by the way?


(thanks for the octopus outfit, Aunt Erin!)

The battle we are currently fighting is with the bottle. She wants NOTHING to do with it, and I have to go back to work in 3 weeks. Yikes. We are in the midst of a good old fashioned stubborn-off! Miller is definitely winning, because she can scream the loudest. Also, I think that while it is totally acceptable for her to scream at us, it might be bad parenting for us to scream back. She just isn't having it. I think I might have to quit my job. Darn.

PS-If you have advice on the bottle subject, I am totally open to it. You don't have to be a doctor for this one. As long as you don't say anything about it being my fault that she won't take it, advise away!


No comments:

Post a Comment