Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One Month Old!




Miller had her first big birthday on Sunday-she is 1 month old! She asked if we could go to Monterrey's for lunch and to TJ Maxx to pick out an outfit, so that is what we did. Not surprisingly, she chose a very stylish Ralph Lauren sleeper. She also got a new bouncy seat, because we didn't have enough baby seat type crap around here. Obviously.

Sunday night, we celebrated with the traditional 1 month birthday cake decorated with the traditional "my-mom-forgot-to-buy-icing-so-she-used-leftover-from-God-knows-when-white-chocolate-chips." All babies have that on their 1 month birthday. Duh. As you can see in the picture below, Miller was thrilled.





Monday we went for her 1 month check-up. I will now provide you with a boring list of facts that I will try to make more interesting via my witty commentary.

1. Miller weighs 9lbs 12oz (65th percentile.) She was 7lbs 9oz at birth. As you can see, she is well on her way to becoming a baby sumo wrestler. The doctor suggested that maybe we ease up a little on the boob milk. Oops. Maybe mommy should ease up on the corn dogs and then the milk would be a little less fattening. Just a thought.
2. She has grown more 3/4 of an inch, and is up to 21 and 1/4 inches (56th percentile). Fred and are still trying to figure out how we created a normal-height baby. She will probably reach her adult height by her 7th birthday.
3. The doctor said she definitely has the reflux. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, all of you people who were saying she had colic and annoying me about what I ate that supposedly gives the baby gas, etc. She has a real disease that makes her cry, not stupid made-up, we-don't-know-why-you're-baby-keeps-crying-colic. She is supposedly taking Zantac now, but she spits it all out. I don't think it is all that effective when applied to the chin and neck. We will see.
4. If anyone is just dying to know (cause I know you are), her head measured 36 inches (27th percentile.) It appears that her head size will be more in line with that of her Uncle Blake rather than her cousin Wade.

In other news, she had her first real bath this weekend. Her cord stump was a little slow to fall off, so she had been sponge-bathing it for a while. As you can see, she totally loved it. Baby books are so full of crap. "A crying baby can be calmed with a warm, relaxing bath..." Clearly.


I think I will put this one in her senior yearbook ad.

And now, the moment you have all been waiting for. No baby blog is complete without a monthly photo of said baby beside a giant stuffed animal.



As you can see, Miller was really excited about this. Is anyone noticing a pattern? She does smile sometimes. Mostly when she toots.

3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth better not find out that babies get CAKE for their month old birthdays - she'll be very upset! I'm glad that Miller has a treatable condition instead of some random thing that might go way sometime(colic), but there's not really any cause or cure!
    I'm SO glad you're doing her timeline pics! I mean, I knew you would, but I'm still glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update. Try asking them to flavor the zantac with grape. Helped Jay take it better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog!!! Erin told me to come see it! I love how you don't sugarcoat things!!! Miller is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete